Re: StarOffice now GPL?!

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 03:42:00PM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> > Why?  What's wrong with Kaffe?  Or is the StarOffice code
> > SUN-specific?
>
> It still needs the class libs from the JDK package, from what I
> gather.  Since we don't have a JDK package on Alpha, bypassing this is of
> great interest to me :-)

We don't know if it can be made to work with Kaffe or perhaps Jikes or
basically anything but Sun's JDK at the moment.  Christopher, if I haven't
gotten back to you in just over a week or so about that, please bug me
about it.  I've already spoken to others working on this and will get you
in touch with them.  I just got back from ALS and have not settled in yet.

<LackOfKan> What are 'bots'?
<``Erik> rsg is a bot, not a human, not a human usable client, just a bot.
<``Erik> about the same as a quake bot, except irc bots are (usually)
         built to help, not shoot your ass full of holes