Re: Pcmcia and nfs

Hi Brian,
	please CC to me since i had to unsubscribe from the list
beacuse i'm changing my job on those days and i'll be not able to read
too much
mails till the 6 of november.

I don't use /etc/pcmcia/* to configure my pcmcia cards since i have some
problems
using netenv + pcmcia with 2 eth cards (both ethernet get same address
etc..)
so i have to setup them by hand (i used to few scripts to do it) but
the problem come out when I forget to umount nfs partition (i know that
a good admin never forget and so on) but sometimes happen also to me.
So this is the reason why i think that stop pcmcia right after umounting
all nfs
partition can be a good solution or to evaluate the possibility to
perform a check
in /etc/init.d/pcmcia stop code about nfs (and maybe also samba or other
network shared filesystems ...why not) mountend partition over pcmcia...
umount them and then
stop the pcmcia service itself.

If you think this can be done I'll work on it asap otherwise I'll simply
change
run levels of my box.

Might be also interesting to take in mind the possibility to improve
netenv to
handle 2 eths pcmcia cards at the same time.

Best Regards
Fabio

[SNIP]

--
 Fabio Massimo Di Nitto on Debian GNU/Linux Woody running kernel
2.4.0-test9