ssh and hostname: solved by libc6-2.1.94-1??

My problems with ssh seems to be solved by the new version of glibc: libc6-2.1.94-1
Can somebody explain to my which changes in glibc fixed this??

1. Upgrade messages
===================
apt-get dist-upgrade:

Setting up libc6 (2.1.94-1) ...
Name Service Switch has changed in the C Library.
Running programs may not be able to do NSS lookups until they are
restarted (for services such as ssh, this can affect your ability to login).
Note: restarting sshd should not affect any existing connections.

The services restarted (if present) are:
inetd, smail, sendmail, exim, ssh, netbase, apache, boa, nis, and proftpd.
If other services begin to fail mysteriously after this upgrade,
it may be necessary to restart them too.
Do you wish to Restart Services? [Y/n]

Adiitional info:
/etc/host.conf
order hosts,bind
/etc/resolv.conf:
search my.own.domain, localhost

==================
Hi,

I have problems with the latest ssh and the hostname for my debian
box:
ssh from another computer in my local network works OK.
ssh from my box either to my own box or another does not work:

ssh -v localhost
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.2.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).
debug: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug: Applying options for localhost
debug: Seeding random number generator
hanging here
BUT
ssh -v 127.0.0.1 works!!

same with ssh -v cl-dual vs ssh -v 192.168.0.4, the only
difference is that debug gives: srs@debian, not srs@cl-dual.
/etc/hostname is set to cl-dual.my.own.domain

/etc/hosts entries:
127.0.0.1       localhost               debian  cl-dual
192.168.0.4     cl-dual.my.own.domain   cl-dual debian

Q1) Where to change the hostname/domainname for things to work??
Q2) Where does the srs@debian entry in ssh come from, which function is called?
Q3) How to downgrade to the stable version ssh-v1 or finding the v2.1.x??

dpkg -l ssh:
ssh            2.2.0p1-1