Re: SB live SMP drivers?

MoiN

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 12:06:43AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> 1. Download alsa-source-0.5.9c-4.deb and compile. If this
> is the recommended way to do this: how? Is there something
> simular to make-kpkg available?

make-kpkg is also capable of building additional modules which
are placed in /usr/src/module or $MODULE_LOC - see the
documentation for the targets "modules" and "modules_image".

> 2. Download alsa-*.tar.gz from http://www.alsa-project.org and
> compile from source.

This should be the same as the above solution if you don't prefer
getting a modules package.

> 3. Download emu10k1.tar.gz from http://opensource.creative.com and
> compile from source.

Don't know if this is useable with alsa...

> 4. Skip the whole thing, and reinstall the old SB16 :-(

I'd recommend to also get one of those *real* old SB16 cards to
get the most out of this driver (just kidding ;)

    Ingo
--
<PRE>      _
          ( )  ASCII Ribbon Campaign