Re: [ot] <rant>grub is great!</rant>

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> kernel-package works just fine with a /boot/vmlinuz->/boot/vmlinuz-x.x.xx
> symlink.  I changed my symlink from / to /boot when I installed a > 8GB
> drive and put /boot on its own partition.  Everything worked fine with
> no further manual effort required when I created a new kernel with
> make-kpkg.  It appears to look at where the existing symlink is and
> follow the same convention.
Hmm, if I remove the /vmlinuz symlink before installing the kernel-image
I get the following:

/vmlinuz does not exist. Installing from scratch, eh?
Or maybe you don't want a symbolic link here. Hmm.?
I notice that yo do not have vmlinuz symbolic
link. I can create one for you, and it shall be
updated by newer kernel image packages. This is
useful if you use a boot loader like lilo.
Do you want me to link /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.17 to vmlinuz?[Yn]

Hmm, this is not the way I would like it.  I hate additional questions.
OK it doesn't remove the /boot/vmlinuz link but that doesn't help if
I would like to install another kernel version.

Kind regards

          Andreas.