Re: RFC: debchanges

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 11:31:11AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > I would say so.
> >
> > apt-get --previewchanges dist-upgrade
>
> Erm, the program works post-download by examining the contents of the
> .debs - doing it pre-download is quite difficult.

Sure. What I would like the command above to do is

1. Show the overview as apt does not
2. Download the packages
3. Display an overview of the changes asking if the user wants to continue
4. Do the installation

In case the changes-preview fails apt should tell the user saying
"do you want to continue without knowing the terrain [y/N]".

Comments?

	Torsten