Re: [timshel@pobox.com: ITP: glide3]

Sorry for killing the threading, am not actually on -devel.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 02:18:25PM +1100, Timshel Knoll wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Version: N/A; reported 2000-09-18
> Severity: wishlist
>
> glide is the api for using 3D graphics on 3Dfx boards. This package will
> contain library packages libglide-v3 and libglide-v5, as well as
> appropriate -dev and -bin packages. This is intended to be built to be
> ready for the X4 release, with DRI (initial releases will be built without
> DRI support until X4 is in the dist ...)

Sorry for your work, however I am the current maintainer of glide2 and
glide3, glide3 is currently not in woody because it is quite useless
without the X4 DRI.

The only thing capable of using glide3 without the DRI code is Mesa,
however there is little to no gain in using Mesa without the DRI code
with glide3.

Currently I am working with Overfiend (The X maintainer) on getting the
phase2 debs compiled with the DRI support, at which point I will make
the glide3 debs public.

Again, sorry that you went through everything, and if you have any
source changes to glide itself I am interested in them, however glide3 is
already packaged and being worked on.

Zephaniah E. Hull.
(glide2, glide3, gpm, tleds, vlock -- Would anyone like a nice
headache? Or 5?)

<snip>

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801