Getting debian-cd to grok local archives

  I'm trying to build some customized Potato CDs including Helix Gnome packages
and the contents of non-US.  I've created a tree with my own additions
under /usr/local/bulky/local-pkgs, in the standard archive format (with
dists/potato/local/binary-i386/(sections)/packages.deb) and created Packages
and Packages.gz in the binary-i386/ directory, with dists/ as the first
directory component.

  I've set LOCAL=1 and LOCALDEBS=/usr/local/bulky/local-pkgs, but when I
run "make mirrorcheck", the script dies after complaining voluminously about
not being able to access all the files in my local archive.  (this also
happened when I accidentally included absolute pathes into the Packages file)
None of the files in the main archive seem to have an issue; it's just the
files that I wanted to add in which give errors (they're in a separate tree)
  Eg:
File dists/stable/non-US/main/binary-i386/heimdal-docs_0.2l-7.deb can't be found ...

  Has anyone gone through this that could give me a hint about what could be
wrong?  I'd file a bugreport, except that I think it's probably pilot error..

   Thanks,
  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                  "When you have heard a joke, you have a                    |