Re: KDE2 - nice demolition job ...

> > > You _do_ realize that the same guy who packaged it for kde.tdyc _is_ the
> > > same guy who is packaging it for Debian proper?
> >
> >  Yep, I do -and it worked great before he had to repackage it. You could
> > have simply copied them from tdyc and had done with it.

had???  I didn't have to anything except conform to Debian policy which I
was doing prior to uploading in preperation for the day in which I could
(or someone coudl) upload it...

In fact The Debian ftp folks were reluctant to install the packages due
to lintian errors but did so and noted to me that I better get them fixed
eventually...

The difference between the kde.tdyc.com packages and the ones I uploaded to
Debian are minimal. Instead of all the games coming in as one package, I
broke them down.  kdebase stayed the same.  kdelibs stayed the same except
I am now building 2 seperate packages..one with ssl support and one without.
The kde.tdyc.com packages did not have ssl support for hte longest time.
kdemuiltimedia (which hasn't been installed yet due to a screw up on my part)
and koffice I broke down as well.  I will continue to break the packages down
as time permits. (oh yea..kdepim as well)

Either way, if kde failes to work for you, then file a frikken bug report.
If it does, be happy.  Evenutally it will break again prior to woody's release
I can guarentee it.  You won't see it's stability until KDE 2 is officially
released...I won't guarentee it nor would a KDE developer.  There is still
active development of it..things are getting tweaked and I don't always
catch changes (as with a recent problem with KDE which caused it not
to start up properly).

If you don't like unstability then don't use an unstable version of Debian
(or any distribution for that matter).  If you want a stable KDE, use
1.1.2.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II