Re: determining if we're using db.h from libc6 or libdb2?

Ben Collins, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 12:46:02AM -0700, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:
>> Is there some set of defines such that I can determine with #ifdef that
>> I've got a copy of glibc2 that has db.h as an include file?  My plan is
>> that if such a #ifdef is true, then I can #include <db2/db.h>.
>
>Keep it at db.h, since in a few days, it wont matter. Db2 is getting removed
>from glibc, and your only choice will be "db.h" or "db2/db.h" from libdb2
>(both the same file, just "db.h" is the default place).

Well, I was hoping to have a general solution because that version of
glibc2 is still going to be used for a while.  I have systems that will
stay at potato until about a month after woody has been released.
Others must be in the same position.  I know that I could go trolling
through the headers but I'd prefer a documented solution to a cobbled
solution.

BTW, the reason that I need this is to get openldap 2 to run on i386.
It took me about two hours to figure out that it was including the
headers for db2.4 (in glibc2) while using the library from db2.7.
The error looks like:
slapadd: ldbm_db_errcall(): ==> DB_DUPSORT requires DB_DUP
slapadd: Could not open/create id2entry.dbb

Darren
--
<torin@daft.com><http://www.daft.com/~torin/> <torin@debian.org><perl@slut.org>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-206-ELF-LIPZ