Re: ITP: Biomail - automated medical searcher

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Mike Markley wrote:

> Personally I think it can go into main. If we have the client code, obviously a
> pubmed-compatible free database can be written, right?
I wonder if this
  a) is allowed
  b) would make sense.

I just think that a program that is used to access a database on a
certain server does not necessarily depends from this non-free software.
Your box runs perfectly well without any non-free software.
The normal access is via any web-browser.  I don't think that web-browsers
have to go to contrib just because you are able to access nop-free sites
with it.

Kind regards

        Andreas.