Re: Subpackaging

> And maybe
> prevent installing any 'non-newbie' packages
>  ("Sorry, your system level is set to 'newbie'.  To install
> 'complex-manually-configured-package', you must turn this off first)
>       [And if you can't figure out how to turn it off, you are too newbie]

Uh... how about we avoid hand-holding.  I think the following would be more
appropriate:

"Your system level is set to 'newbie', but the package you are attempting to
select is rated "complexity-rating", and should not be installed
unless you know what you're doing.  Do you know what you're doing? [y/N]"

That also allows for someone knowledgeable to install something for a newbie,
without requiring one to turn off the newbie feature.

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

- Please always Cc to me when replying to me on the lists.
- See the mail headers for GPG/advertising/homepage information.