Re: Subpackaging (Was: Potato now stable)

Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> wrote:
> How would it be implemented?
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> My recommendation would be one directory per package. Each subpackage could
> just be part of a .tar.gz file. Having the binary dependent parts listed here
> would imply that the package locate could change from looking like this:
>
> dists/unstable/main/binary-*/admin/at_3.1.8-10.deb
>
> to looking like this:
>
> dists/main/admin/at/*

I thought of another problem. Versions. Are they in the control.tar.gz for
each subpackage? Or is there a small control file in each subpackage that
contains the info?

Another thought. Should signatures be in a single .tar.gz, like I suggested,
or should they be in each .tar.gz

If they are the single .tar.gz, then translators would have to get it updated
when releasing a new version of a translation.

--
Don't worry  --  shop.