ITP: aewm, dagrab

[Cc'ing abcde maintainer, maintainers of other MP3-encoding scripts
please look at the second package]

I've been meaning to ITP aewm for a while, and I've now passed thru
new-maint (just waiting on approval), so now looks like a good time.
I just happened to notice that dagrab wasn't packaged the other day
while hacking on abcde.

[I am the upstream author for this one]

 aewm is a minimalistic window manager for X11. It has no nifty
 features, but is light on resources and extremely simple in
 appearance. It should eventually make a good reference implementation
 of the ICCCM. A few separate programs are included to handle running
 programs, switching between windows, etc.

License is X-style:

 Copyright (c) 1998-2000 Decklin Foster. All rights reserved.

 THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS
 OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE
 HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS PROGRAM.

 This program is free software. You are granted permission, free of
 charge, to copy this program, modify it, and distribute/publish/sell
 copies of it, as long as this license is not modified or removed from
 the copyright notice. You may also use parts of this program's code in
 your own software, if you agree to distribute it under this license.

[and now dagrab, by Marcello Urbani <murbani@libero.it>]

 dagrab reads audio tracks from a CD-ROM drive and writes them to .wav
 format sound files, optionally naming those files using CDDB.  It has
 less sophisticated error checking that cdparanoia, but may run faster
 on some IDE drives.

License is GPL.

I use dagrab mainly because my system is one where it is faster. As
there is no `cd-audio-ripper' metapackage (a good idea, since all of
them are called differently), maintainers of packages that depend on
cdparanoia, cdda2wav, etc will want to check if their package can use
dagrab. I've sent off a patch for abcde to do this; I could work on
adding support to other packages if needed (I'm not really aware what
`other packages' are, but just email me).

aewm is lintian clean; I still need to make 2 manpages for dagrab.
My AM has offered to sponsor the packages I've already finished, but
if someone wants to sponsor these so I don't have to give him more
work that'd be great. Packages should hit

deb http://www.red-bean.com/~decklin/ debian/

within the next 24 hours.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)