Re: testing whether package is removed or purged with -x, not -f

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 11:51:27AM -0400, Christopher W. Curtis wrote:

> I didn't realize that mailing -devel would be of little use.  I didn't
> want to file a dozen little bug reports.  I just wanted to send a short
> message to all developers, saying, hey, test -x makes more sense than
> test -f, then hope that developers would agree, and make that change the
> next time the package needs to be updated.

If you want a package maintainer to do something the BTS is almost
always the way to go.  Not everyone reads -devel, and even if they do
it's easy to see something on -devel, think "oh, I ought to do that" and
then forget about it.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/