Re: need POSIX Shared memory and message queues on Linux ?

At Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:57:27 +0200,
Computing For Industry <cfi-rts@libertysurf.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've an application wrote for a POSIX OS, using "messages queues", and
> "shared memory"  and I'd like to port it on a Linux OS.
> Could you tell me if you have a Linux Operating System distribution for an
> iX86 platform, that supports these (or some of these) Standard POSIX
> specifications:
> _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING (POSIX.4 for message queues supporting),
> _POSIX_MEMORY_SHARING (POSIX.4/D9 for Shared Memory support),
> and _POSIX_MESSAGE_QUEUES (POSIX.4/D9 for IPC Message Queues support)

They aren't currently supported on Linux kernel.
I, however, heard that Cristopher Rohland
<hans-christoph.rohland@sap.com> has already tried to write
code about POSIX Shared memory.
I'm also trying the POSIX message queues...
But, they are very under depelopment stage, so you should use
SYSV IPC instead of POSIX IPC functions.
IMHO, porting from POSIX IPC to SYSV IPC may be complicate,
but SYSV IPC already exists, and they are very stable, tested
on Linux for a long time.

Regards,
-- GOTO Masanori