Re: Proposa: New header to specify how important an upgrade is.

On 15-Jan-00, 14:20 (CST), Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org> wrote:
> [Add last-*-update header, and add to apt to recognize]
>  I think this would be great!! It's very simple to implement and to
> understand....!
>  What do you think?

I like this idea, but I think you should go all the way and add a
"Last-update" header. Right now, it's impossible in dselect to tell when
a package was built, and sometimes that would be useful. What I really
would like is for the most recent changelog to be available, to see if
really need to upgrade emacs or tetex again, but then the packages file
would be twice times as big, so that's probably not going to happen.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read