Re: desktop artwork for wheezy

On 14/10/11 11:32 AM, Tyler Rusk wrote:
Are the colors Debian has been using(in Gnome) something that Debian has
decided on and set in stone or can we play with them too? The reason I ask
is that the default light blue is kind of harsh on the eyes. (please excuse
me if I am doing this wrong, I am new to mailing lists). When I asked my
girlfriend, a regular PC user with the overall goal to get her stuff done
and get off the computer about the default Debian Gnome she said that she
thought it was ugly in comparison to Ubuntu which looked "cool". I set her
up with a shiki-brave-theme and the Flow.png background as well as a dock on
the left(gnome-shell will supply that in testing(i hope...)). I told her I
was switching to Ubuntu, but the install failed, so I did that redesign and
she hasn't complained since. Maybe darker colors are in order?

I found the light-blue a bit too bright too.

Additionally, I think it would be great to have some guidelines of what may be proposed for artwork. When I submitted some ideas that I'd like to use in my proposal, Josselin just said "Not going to happen." for the icon theme I was planning to use in the proposal. That doesn't leave much explanation as for why, so I have no idea why the theme can't be used so it would be hard to choose another one if I don't know the criteria.

-Jonathan