Re: Artwork to Debian Squeeze

On 2010-06-03, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2010-06-03, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:
> > Before editing the wiki to show what's needed, let's do it here. What
> > do we want for Squeeze artwork.
> >
> > * wallpaper (all DE);
> > * splash screen (GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE?, GNUStep?, =E2=80=A6);
> > * d-i (hoping we're not too late this time);
> > * website banner;
> > * boot screen (grub-pc, maybe {ext,sys}linux, plymouth/usplash?);
> > * toolkit theme (GTK+/Qt) (not sure);
> > * icon theme (GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE, GNUStep?) (hard to do, a lot of
> > icons are required and it needs a lot of work to have a nice looking,
> > consistent icon theme);
> > * window manager theme (harder since all wm have different themes);
> >
> > My pov is the first two are mandatory, and then it's a decreasing order
> > of priority. In some cases, it's not enough to have an artwork to
> > create
>
> Note that 'wallpaper' changed in kde without doing it with the mouse or
> patching the code isn't really possible, so what we have been done for
> lenny cannot be done.

looking on my system I find the file:
	~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
with a 'wallpaper=/usr/share/wallpapers/Ethais'

As that file seems to be a normal part of the kde configuration, and thus
would follow the KDEDIRS cascading config mechanism. why wouldn you be able
to set it as in lenny?
--
Cheers, Cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)