Re: splashy in default desktop environment(was: The project is dead?)

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:01:02PM -0400, Luis wrote:
> The problem is that this assumes the user is running grub.

I don't see the problem.  GRUB is Debian's default boot loader.  If
people are using something else, they should configure those themselves.
Adding documentation on how to do this would be nice, of course.

Same for changing menu.lst: I think this feature should work out of the
box on new systems where the user selects the desktop task *IF* splashy
is really ready and the kernel bootcmd options do not break other
systems.  If there is no easy way to change people's current menu.lst,
then we should maybe just mention it in the release notes (and otherwise
pimp it in blogs, on DWN, etc.)

Michael