Re: Debian derivatives census: OpenNetLinux: welcome!

Hi Guillem!
April 8, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Hi!

I've recently documented this in the man pages:

<http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/dpkg/dpkg.git/commit/?id=fa72f4b18f88bab1dae78a5e519512807dec1e6c>

And even though spaces (for example) are supported in the Vendor field
name, I think using them is probably a bad idea. Consider that these
have to be used when checking for the origin with dpkg-vendor and
similar. The same with extremely long names. I'm not sure that other
things that handle Origin/Vendor names support spaces. And probably
allowing them in the first place was a bad idea.

Thanks,
Guillem

Thank you for the answer.  I figured out how to do the vendor string with spaces, but you are correct there are 100x ways having spaces could break things.  I will suggest that we move to OpenNetworkLinux as the vendor string.