Re: Debian derivatives census: logo broken or missing

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On the contrary, I find them useful nonetheless. What I'm missing in the
> notifications to the list is the number of affected derivatives, or even
> their names (unless it's perceived as "too shame-y" mentioning them
> here). However, I guess that it'll be a burden for you to add that info
> to mail sent here, as it means differentiating the content ...

I can do that reasonably easily.

Up till now all the mails have been based on manual checking, but I'm
now starting to write some scripts to check various issues I've found
through manual checking, with an initial focus on the apt metadata
(just hashes so far). I might have to add some mail templates and
scripts to generate them and send them out. I'm thinking maybe we want
some web page of issue reports too.

> PS I find the idea of the press release about missing source code to be
>   a great one, I just haven't found the time to help out with drafting
>   it. Reminder for other willing to help: a draft is being prepared at
>   http://titanpad.com/debian-deriv-source-announce

Thanks for the reminder :)

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise