LMDE

Hi everyone,

Before we talk about anything else, I would like to thank you and the Debian project for providing such a wonderful base. It's been the case since 2006, when we started using Debian via Ubuntu, and it's now clearer than ever with our newly released LMDE based directly on Debian Testing.

I'm really excited about this and I look forward to a close cooperation between our two projects.

My name is Clement Lefebvre, I'm the leader and founder of Linux Mint. I'll answer any question you may have and I'll act as the main contact.

I might also ask Ikey Doherty, one of our developers, who coded big parts of the live-installer and identified the steps involved in transforming Debian Testing into a live media, to join in and to be present on this ML.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, make remarks or send us feedback. We'll do the same here to send things your way. I hope we'll be able to work together in an easy and constructive way. There's quite a few things we'd be interested to see adopted upstream, so we'll see about this.

Regards,
Clement Lefebvre
Linux Mint.