Re: Question about how to customize my distro

El lun, 31-03-2008 a las 21:03 -0430, Jesus A. Dominguez S. escribió:
> 2008/3/31, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>:
> > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Harry Jede wrote:
> >
> >  > Yes, that's right.
> >  > I have also read Andreas document abut this list. But vagrant has
> >  > announced this list also for his project "simple-cdd", have a look at
> >  > the first line of the wiki:
> >  > http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto
> >

> > This is OK.
> >

> >  > May be, you should discuss this internaly, inside debian, and come up
> >  > later with a solution.
> >

> > The solution is simple: Discussing the issues here is fine.  There
> >  is no better list for this (eccept starting a simple-cdd list on
> >  alioth, but that would be nitpicking).  It is just helpful if the
> >  poster exactly specifies what he is doing.  I just have not (yet!)
> >  any experiences with simple-cdd (because of time constraints) and
> >  thus I can not comment on this.  Regard my mail as meta comment and
> >  not as an attempt to help solving a problem.
>

> So? Is ok my question in this list?? :S

Assumming it is:

> I refresh it for those who lost in the other discussion jeje
>
> I make my own Debian distribution with simple-cdd and I want to
> customize some things like:

These two questions are not really simple-cdd related, but
Desktop-related, so first question would be, what are you using; kde,
gnome, xfce, etc.?

> 1.- Put and remove directs access to the panels, for example: put the
> teminal in the top panel, or remove the trash from the desktop and put
> it in the bottom panel.

This is strongly desktop-dependant. I don't know how to do it with kde
(unless you use kiosk), with gnome I can give you some hints, but begin
to think of learning the awful gconf stuff.

> 2.- Remove options from the menus and submenus, for example: remove
> the menu _Games_, _Programing_, etc, or remove from the menu
> applications options like _Alacarte_.

That's easier, as more desktops are freedestkop.org compliant, so you
can do it for they all. Take a look at the sources of the education-menu
packages and to the documentation of desktop-profiles package. Then, ask
the doubts.

> That's it :) if any one can help me I be realy thankful

Anyway, I must insist: this is not a simple-cdd, or any cd building tool
issue. You just need to make two packages that change your desktop
behavioiur and include them into cd. Once you have the packages you can
use simple-cdd or any other cd building tool.
Best regards.
José L.