Re: dpkg doing wrong math (0.09 = 0.9) ?- [was: dak now supports ~ in version numbers]

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 06:17:50PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> [2006.08.21.1751 +0100]:

>>  Let ε be an infinitesimal, that is a strictly positive number
>>  (that is ε > 0) smaller than any strictly positive real number
>>  (that is ∀ n ∈ ℕ, n>0 implies ε < 1/n ).
> [snip]

> I just heard a knock on the door and before I could say "enter",
> a family of cows walked in, positioned themselves as for a family
> photo, then had their latest offspring recite a speech while the
> other two children strumming a tune on their udders:

This day may be historic. That kind of event has led to the founding
of new religions in the past. I think you will abstain, but who knows
what people will do of it long after your death?

>      ________________________________________
>     / the reason that every major university \
>     | maintains a department of mathematics  |
>     | is that it's cheaper than              |
>     \ institutionalizing all those people.   /
>             \   ^__^
>                     ||----w |
>                     ||     ||

Well, keeping people busy in a science department at an university is
a form of institutionalisation, isn't it?

--
Lionel