Re: Google's Uncertainty Principle (was Re: [a-z]grep)

Manuel Samper wrote:
On Thursday, Jan 16 2003 at 12:13, Wouter Eerdekens wrote:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:22:35PM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:

I've never fully realized the extent to which 'grep' has become a
household word amongst *nix users, until today I got an idea for another
grep variant. To avoid a name conflict, I searched Google for agrep,
bgrep, cgrep, ... etc..

[snip]

You could use yagrep (yet another grep). Searching for yagrep on google
returns no hits at all...

...but it's no longer the case:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=yagrep

Being initially true, it becomes false when "observed" by google.
Seems to be some sort of uncertainty principle acting here...

And of course, resistance is futile, sooner or later you will be googled
:-)

What you are refering too is somewhat like google whacking:
http://www.googlewhack.com/

--
Robin Y. Millette (aka Lord D. Nattor)
http://rym.waglo.com