Re: Boulder Pledge

On Mon, 27/01/2003 09:25 -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
>> From: Edward Craig <epcraig@efn.org>
>> 	Well, some of us still run to terminal mode, but it's all based on
>> Hollderith cards, I tell you, all because of IBM and the IRS.
>
> Well, there's also a little factor from how many characters in a readable
> font size fit across a standard size sheet of paper.

Ever noticed how many characters there are on a line of a newspaper or
in books?  It may nog be exactly 80, but it's close.  The reason is much
longer lines are harder to read.  Try putting some tekst on a page in
landscape; it's really annoying.

--
Tim van Erven <tve@vormig.net>          Fingerprint: F6C9 61EE 242C C012
OpenPGP Key ID: 712CB811                   36D5 BBF8 6310 D557 712C B811