Re: Mailing list headers

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:27:09PM +0000, MJ Ray said:

> I think it's fairly arguable whether debian list policy requires people to
> honour such a request if it appears in a place that is not normally
> displayed by most clients.  Adding it to the signature would only increase
> the number of people doing what you want them to, so is surely worthwhile.

List policy doesn't require you to honor "don't CC me requests".
It requires you to NOT CC people unless specifically requested to.

"When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a
carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly
request to be copied."

Where's the arguable part in that?  I guess you could argue that
it doesn't prohibit BCCs, but other than that, it's pretty clear.

--
Shawn McMahon         | Every time you walk out of the house
FedEx Services        | with clothes on, you give up freedom