Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:38  AM, John Holroyd wrote:

Have you watched the film Dogma? It very nearly saved my beliefs and
echoes what you say, very closely indeed.

Oh absolutely, that is one of my most favorite movies. I pretty much love anything at all that pokes fun at Catholics. I just love it. One should never be afraid to laugh at themselves. Kevin Smith is Catholic which I'm sure everyone is aware of. I especially like Chris Rock's line in the movie about how beliefs are bad because they are hard to change. It's much better to have ideas.

I have an idea that God exists and I have an idea that God is not so self-conscious that she will punish people for not "believing."

--
Paul Baker

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc