RE: survival skills for teenage geeks

~-----Original Message-----
~From: Dave Sherohman [mailto:esper@sherohman.org]
~Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 11:09 AM
~To: debian-curiosa@lists.debian.org
~Subject: Re: survival skills for teenage geeks
~
~On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:11:32PM +0100, Volker Tanger wrote:
~> E.g. while being catholic myself I was attending the local
~> witches (wicca,asatru,...)
~
~Hate to break it to you, but asatru is not a branch of wicca.  We are
~not "witches" of any sort.  We are heathen, we are polytheistic, and
~some of our number do study magic and/or divination, but magical
~practice is not the basis of our religion.  (If you're interested in
~such things, http://www.webcom.com/~lstead/wicatru.html is a pretty
~good writeup on "exactly how and where the (few) relationships and
~(many) differences between Ásatrú and Wicca exist.")  And, yes, there
~are plenty of us who don't like being mixed up with wiccans.

Yes, while both Wicca and Asatru fall are both Pagan religions, that's much
it. Asatru people (or as some call themselves Wodan's People), are not
Witches, but do dabble with divination, specially Runes (Asatru's tribal
elders invented these). It's one of the oldest religion around, my hats off
to them.

Asatru's pantheon is Germanic (Odin, Thor, etc...).

<snip>

Personally I'm a Wiccan. And get along well with most anyone except Xtian
Fundies.

May the Force of the Dragon's Spirit be with you...In Accordance With The
Prophecy.

Happy Hacking, Bright Blessings and Gentle Breezes!

-*/ -=  )O(  Jay "CoolDragon" Arias-Chavez  )O(  =- /*-

"En el horizonte vertical yace el espejo de nuestra Alma."
"In the vertical horizon lies the mirror of our Soul."
- J. Arias-Chávez