Re: spam and debian-curiosa

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:46:36PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> okay, i retract my statement. fighting spam can be done (i do it), but
> it can also be more trouble than it's worth. to get back to the original
> point, i *hate* spam, but i haven't been bothered by debian-* spam
> enough yet.

In general, spamassasin does an excellent job of filtering out unwanted
stuff.  I recommend it highly.  On the subject of mailing lists, I get more
spam through debian-curiosa than any other mailing list I subscribe to.  I
don't see why its a problem to set up the list so mail from users outside
the list doesn't get through..