Re: debian-trivia

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:51:22PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Steve M. Robbins dijo:
> > Since July of 2000, it's been running Debian linux as my firewall at
> > home.
>
> That's SO cool, but, is it running Woody?

Nope.  I installed Potato and left it at that.

> How do you keep up with security in hardware that old?
> My lapton is "younger" (P-200 MMX) and crawls with SID.

Running "dselect" on that machine is an exercise in patience, let me
tell you ...

I don't bother too much about security updates.  It is a firewall so
basically nothing is running.  I have a DHCP client to deal with my
cablemodem interface and SSHD.  And that's about it.

I was fortunate that the last security update for SSH included potato
packages.  If that doesn't happen next time, I'll have to set up a
potato pbuilder environment and build my own packages.

-S