Re: debian-trivia

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:45:38 -0800 (PST)
"Josh Narins" <josh_narins@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know the oldest piece of machinery, still
> pingable, running Debian? What about not pingable?

No idea - but I have a 0.96r1 debian CD, and a 100 Mbit ISA nic and a 16
bit scsi HA waiting for the day I find a strange and wonderful
motherboard... something like a SMP 386 or 486.  Hows that for "too much
free time" ?

> How about the least expensive machine, in real or
> nominal terms, ever/still running Debian?

I have a 486 SX 25 running at work as a clock/calendar - we have a weird
rotating day structure and timetables slide over one day twice a
term/eight times a year.  Its running a very minimal woody.

> How about the most expensive?

Probably someone's cluster would rate here.