Re: seats shuffling

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 05:20:58PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("seats shuffling"):
> > What do you think of joining the dots of: (1) a seemingly inactive seat
> > and (2) the desire of having more views represented in the tech-ctte,
> > and agree under Constitution §6.2.5 on a seat change?  If you want me
> > to, I'll be happy to help contacting the relevant persons, but the
> > proposal for the new seat should better come from the tech-ctte itself
> > (even after private discussion, if you prefer, under §6.3.4).
>
> I would be happy to see this happen.  What process do you think would
> be good for selecting the new TC member ?

(Assuming the "you" here was me, rather than other tech-ctte members.)

On that front, according to the letter of the Constitution (§6.2.1), it
should be the Technical Committee that proposes to me the new TC member.
Now that I think of it, I've doubts on whether §6.2.5 (DPL and ctte
chair can replace an existing member if they agree) is meant to work in
conjunction with or in isolation from §6.2.1.

Either way, my preferred process would be that tech-ctte members discuss
together on who they want as new member. I'll then be happy to discuss
the appointment with Bdale. And I'm positive we can easily reach an
agreement under §6.2.1.

But the first step remains the same: tech-ctte members should find a
candidate to propose. (Assuming other members agree with you and me that
a seat change is welcome, that is.)

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . . . . . . .  zack@upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o