Re: debian-ctte mailing list and spam

Raul Miller (moth@debian.org) wrote:
> Your fundamental point seems to be that we should have no filtering
> till after the list has distributed it (or, at least, no more than what
> the other lists have).  That any additional filtering should be on a
> per-user basis.

Oh, and I should have come back to that point.

I don't think it's good to have messages sent to a single address (eg
debian-ctte@lists) get to some arbitrarily selected subset of the
intended recipients depending on quite fallible heuristics.

That will lead to broken-up discussions, people feeling they're being
ignored, etc.  That would be worse than the current situation, where
people get upset but at least know their message didn't get through.