Date: Tue,  1 Jun 2004 17:59:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: debian-ctte-request@lists.debian.org
To: sfrost@snowman.net
Subject: Re: Posting on the list [pasc@murphy.debian.org: Re: md5sum <FILE produces spurious ` -' in output]

You are not subscribed to this list, so your submission was rejected.
Please subscribe to the list first and then repost your message.

A copy of your submission is included below.

--0kOoSRP9h7WTOD7G

* Ian Jackson (ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk) wrote:
> If the alternatives are a moderated list or one that has completely
> open posting then we will have to go back to a moderated list.

This doesn't actually make a damn bit of sense.  Are you actually
concerned about some kind of sudden increase in traffic if this list is
made open, like *every* *other* Debian list?  SPAM blocking will still
be done, list registration is already open, I really doubt it'd make
much difference except to alliviate this stupid problem with
debian-ctte@d.o by allowing it to be just plain forwarded to this list
without having to worry about things bouncing because people aren't
subscribed.

Honestly, to expect such an increase and to whine about it so greatly
seems to be both egotistical and immature at the same time.  If you have
some other concern, I'd love to hear it.

	Stephen

--0kOoSRP9h7WTOD7G

--0kOoSRP9h7WTOD7G--