Re: Release-critical bugs, and #97671
The Technical Committee has passed the following resolution, regarding
the dispute surrounding Bug#97671 and the proper use of the Severity
tag and other BTS features:
We note that
* This dispute contains both technical and process (ie political)
elements; however, it has not been possible to identify a clear
technical dispute which as at the heart of the problem.
* The heart of the problem seems to be a disagreement over the proper
use of various tagging features of the bug tracking system. This
is a process matter.
* We do not feel that this decision is within our normal remit; the
constitution suggests that the project leader and delegates would
* The bug system administrators would seem to be the most relevant
* We are not sufficiently united in our opinions that we feel that
the Committee should issue any formal advice or opinion.
* Should a disputed technical question be raised, we would be happy
to answer it.
We therefore recommend that
* The bug system administrators and/or the project leader or some
other delegates appointed by the project leader decide on the
proper use of the bug system features.
As Chairman, I shall arrange for this decision to be appropriately
documented and work out the disposition of the bug report.
Thanks for your attention,
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com