Re: Removal of this list?

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > Will you support its transfer to owners from among the debian-consultants
> > subscribers?
> I don't fully understand what you mean. AFAICT there is nothing to
> transfer: either the list remains or the list is removed. [...]

There is a general problem with debian lists that the owners
"forget" to take care of their lists and just let them wither
and die. This list seems to have been launched by the Debian
consultants list maintainer, but successors have done little
with it.
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-consultants/1997/10/msg00003.html

If consultants@ don't want it any more, let's appoint new
owners who will take care of it and try to make sure it is more
than a spamtrap. I'm sure there are many of us who are doing
interesting work thanks to debian who would like to read about
other interesting work.

> But it should be clear that the list will not be used by the consultants
> page maintainers for the moment (this can change of course). [...]

I hope that you will post any interesting news or calls for help
here, but I agree that changes for the website should be sent
directly.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/