New UK Computer Manufacturer Offers Debian GNU/Linux Pre-Installed

                                                        Press Release

   New UK Computer Manufacturer Offers Debian GNU/Linux Pre-Installed

Malvern-based Space-Time Systems has committed itself to not only
producing computers using the Debian distribution of the Linux Operating
System but also to supporting the Free Software movement by donating 3%
of the retail price of each system sold to those developing GNU/Linux
and other free software- this donation being split equally between the
Free Software Foundation and Software in the Public Interest Inc.

Currently, Space-Time Systems offer three workstations based on AMD's
processors. Prices for complete systems range from £590 for a 350 MHZ
K6-II with 64 MB of SDRAM and 4.3GB Hard Drive, to £870 for a K6-III
with 128 MB SDRAM and 10 GB IBM Hard Drive.  GNU/Linux servers are also
available based on Supermicro motherboards, Ultra2 IBM SCSI drives with
a choice of single or dual Pentium III or Xeon CPU's.

All systems have Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 (Slink) installed, configured and
ready for use.

According to one of the engineers who builds the systems:

"We have chosen to use Debian GNU/Linux because we believe it to be the
best Operating System in the world. We load the software onto each
system individually, then configure the software, then test the system
for 48hrs so that the customer not only gets a fully functioning
reliable machine, but also a unique system."

STS emphasize that all the software they load onto their systems can be
freely copied and freely distributed - it has no restrictive license.

Space-Time Systems

  E-Mail:  spacetimesystems@dial.pipex.com

 Web-site:  http://www.spacetimesystems.dial.pipex.com

  Address:   Kiln Lane, Leigh Sinton, Malvern, Worcs

    Telephone:  0796 7000291

[Note: This press release was written by Space-Time Systems]

--
Nils Lohner				E-Mail: lohner@debian.org
Debian Press Team                       Press:  press@debian.org