Wiki pages on the differences between standard, cloud and live systems.

Le Fri, May 10, 2013 at 05:15:52PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz a écrit :

> Currently even the EC2 part of Amazon's build script pulls a specific
> version of euca2ools from Eucalyptus's github site during the build
> process. It also pulls a boto patch from Red Hat's bugzilla and applies it.
> While none of this bothers me from a freeness perspective, it doesn't meet
> Lucas's criterion (A) (about all software coming from Debian). I'm not
> trying to make value judgments based on semantics here - clearly everyone's
> goal is for all of the images, tools, and _if_ appropriate the official
> criteria, to evolve toward happy harmony in the end.

Dear all,

followign this and other discussions, I have drafted a page on the Debian wiki
to track the differences between standard systems and cloud systems.  Maybe
we can also add Live systems to the comparison ?

    https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/SystemsComparison

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy