Re: New GPLed Debian Book is out.

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 11:37:56AM +0800, hashao wrote:
|Hello ,
|
|      I know there is a Chinese Translation (at least for GB?) of the
|"RedHat Unleashed" book. I wonder how big is this Debian Book. We can

|======================================================================
|  A new Debian Book has been published. Titled Debian GNU/Linux: Guide
|  to Installation and Usage, it is authored by developers John Goerzen
|  and Ossama Othman and should get a wide distribution in many
|  bookstores. It includes a CD, some profits go to the FSF, and best
|  of all, the entire book is GPL'd (and will soon be packaged)!

This is a very good suggestion, I would like to translate one or two
chapters too.
>From the discussion on debian-devel, several people expressed their
interests on translating the book too, here is what Ossama, one of the
authors, said:

> I'd be glad to give you the LaTeX source file.  However, I'm not sure
> if we have to wait until after the book is available in stores.  I seem
> to recall some such restriction.  John, do you recall?  If not, I'll
> e-mail New Riders Publishing to make sure it is okay.  In any case,
> there shouldn't be a problem making the source available soon.

So, we can't start now, but will be able to start soon.

p.s. This is the book: http://www.newriders.com/0914-9.htm
pps. This is the discussion on -devel:
     http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9906/msg01823.html

--