Re: two CST timezones

Yu>    From glibc manuals, "Note: This is not implemented (currently). The problem is
Yu>  that timezone names are not unique. If a fixed timezone is  assumed for a given
Yu>  string (say EST meaning US East Coast time), then uses for countries other than
Yu> the USA will fail. So far we have found no good solution to this."
Yu>    Timezone names are not unique, there are many other same name timezones.

Well, I wonder if there's a Debian Policy about this.  I mean here I
am using the Debian system and people think I am in the USA.  Oh,
Debian assumes everybody lives in the USA, folks might think.  Ok,
true, who's to say who the rightful owner of CST is.

V> CST is -0600. This is standard.

Well thanks Vince.  Anybody have some constructive recommendations?
How can I just make my machine call my timezone "+0800"?
1. I don't want to perform open heart surgery on my machine to do
this. It must not be anymore deeper than "apt-get install gawk;
apt-get remove mawk"
2. will it break anything if my timezone now isn't 3 letters?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780