Re: How to edit a fonts.dir for xtt module in xfree86 4.0.2 ?

I forgot to answer your first question in the previous message.  :-)

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Gong Yi LIAO (¹ù®c¼Ý) wrote:
> As title ,I have get some other truetype fonts by Prof.Wang,
> YCCU,Taiwan;but i do not know how to make xtt module(libxtt.a)
> to recognize the fonts ,would like to offer the informations for
> making fonts.dir ? Thanz!

Oh, Prof. Wang's GPL'd TrueType fonts!  I have them on my hard drive, but
I have been too lazy to install them.  We will eventually package them as
*.deb, hopefully before woody freezes, but until then:

Please take a look at fonts.scale, fonts.alias etc. provided by the Arphic
font packages.  (Look in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType and /etc/X11/fonts).
You probably can add your own entries to fonts.scale to make it work.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada