Re: 11.7 planning + bookworm planning

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2023-04-20):
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 11:32:49AM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> >We have (if earlier mentioned dates still work for those involved):
> >                     May  |     June
> > > kibi      - 13, 20, 27                   d-i

I'm also fine with any dates in June, not sure if I failed to answer
properly earlier…

> > > mhy       - 13, 20, 27                   ftp
> > > Sledge    - 13                           CD
> > > Luna      -     20                       CD testing
> > > elbrus    - 13      27, (3), 10,     24  release team
> >
> > It seems a tiny bit late for 13 already, but still, would be
> > awesome. What do we think?

I share your feelings regarding the “tiny bit late” part but I suppose
that should be workable. (It feels a little weird to go from “we don't
have a date yet” to “pick the very first one, just 3 weeks away all of
a sudden”, but…)

> > If we have somebody from CD to do 27 (yes, I remember Sledge can't
> > do that one), that would be great as it would be my preference; I'll
> > have lots of Debian people physically around me. As the DPL
> > mentioned, we might not want to block on press availability,
> > although it would be real great if we had them.
>
> Unfortunately, the other person on the images team who has the
> knowledge to do a release (Andy) is also away - we're on the same
> vacation! May 27 and June 3 are both out for that reason.

We were thinking about the next d-i release before the end of April, so
maybe I'll know how to spin builds after that… which would put May 27 on
the table, which would feel a little less “tomorrow-ish” than May 13.

But again, if we go for May 13, I'll make that work…