Can debian-cd build *.jigdo and *.template files without building the iso's ?

Lets say I have amd64-BD1.iso.  Can I use debian cd to build a first 8G iso  from it?

I took a look at the source code and I believe it is possible but I wanted to be sure before I really dug into it.

Can debian-cd build  *.jigdo and *.template files without building the iso's ?
Can it do that without a local archive?
Where is the code that interfaces with popcon and chops  up the repository?
Can debian-cd  play with a mounted iso as the archive (use a mounted BD iso to make a 15G iso ) or I use apache? file:/ versus http://
sudo mount -o loop /.../*BD.iso /mnt/debian

Cheers,

Scott