Re: problems booting from daily builds for testing

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 07:47:58PM -0700, Peter Hull wrote:

>Joris Mooij wrote:
>
>> I cannot boot from recent daily builds of the netinst CD for the testing distribution.
>
>I have also had this same problem with both the daily builds of the
>amd64 netinst and businesscard isos from 16 and 17 September using the
>sid installer, and also with the builds which use the squeeze
>installer, for example:
>
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/squeeze_d-i/20100917-5/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-businesscard.iso
>
>There is a thread on the debian user forums where several other people
>have also noted this problem (disclosure: I also initiated the
>user-forum thread):
>
>http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55568&start=0
>
>Does anyone have an idea about why it might be occurring?  I note that
>the 'g2ldr' and 'g2ldr.mbr' files are not present on the images I have
>tried, but they are present on a weekly build which does work (the
>amd64 build from 13 September.)  Could this have something to do with
>the boot failures?

Totally my fault. I've been tidying up some of the code in debian-cd
this week ready for a new release, and I temporarily tidied away its
ability to make bootable i386/amd64 CDs. Things should now be
fixed. Sorry! :-(

"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone