Re: Bits from the debian-cd team; more CD/DVDs being built regularly

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 05:19:03AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> m68k (first 6 sectors)
> ====
> bytes 000-12288 - hfs map (no obvious way to co-exist)

Are we actually doing some special magic with our m68k images currently?
If so, for what reason? Is it to boot the machine, or just so that it
looks good in MacOS?

If the former, we should probably stop that; there's no way an m68k mac
is going to boot Linux from CD-ROM without non-free bits until emile has
a free reimplementation of a CDROM driver for macs (yes, that would be
required).

Obviously, if we're only trying to make it look good under MacOS then
there's no reason to stop doing that :)

--
Fun will now commence