Re: i386-xfce-CD-1 dated 2006/12/19 (was: Re: Bits from the debian-cd team; more CD/DVDs being built regularly)

On Thursday 21 December 2006 18:12, tony mancill wrote:
> I built i386-xfce-CD-1 [0] using jigdo and didn't get very far due to
> missing kernel modules, which meant no support for the NIC.  A
> screenshot is attached.  The kernel reported by uname is "2.6.18-3-486
> #1"

That is expected ATM. You'll have to wait for the release of D-I RC2 to be
able to build the KDE or xfce CDs without any tweaking (the 'official"
builds currently take the udebs from unstable for those two types of
images as they need an updated version of a particular udeb).

> Something else I just noticed - the spashscreen right after starting
> "installgui" doesn't look right.  (See second attachment.)  The GUI
> after that, however, looks fabulous!  BTW, it's evident from the
> screenshots that I'm doing this testing under VMware.

That is not the splash screen, but rather a "normal" result of
modeswitching after you have started the actual boot.

Cheers,
FJP