downloading my free version of linux

Hello!

             I have a windowsXP home edition, and I was interested in downloading one of the free versions of Linux for a CD boot. And now that I have it downloaded to my blank CD it does not want to open, and It keeps on telling me that I have to insert some CD with the file RNENG.msi, and it keeps on trying to open it with the sonic CD burning software. What am I doing wrong. . .?

ps. This was the exact error message displayed: " The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'sonic RecordNow!' disk and click ok."