changing CD naming schemes [RFC]

Hi!

Tracking down a problem with the source cds and dvds I realiced that the
problem was with renaming the iso image, and that we had at least two
different iso names, also... when trying to talk about this with other
debian-cd team members, somments like this came out:

- netboot/businesscard/netinst are stupid names.
- netboot doesn't boot via network, businesscard doesn't fit
        on businesscard CDs and netinst can be installed completly without
        network.

So... let's sum that up here and try to find some better names with
consensus on them before we get images out.

The problem came when we incorporated the jigdo stuff to our code, so now
woody suffers already from this problem:

we have: woody-i386-1.jigdo which generates debian-30r5-i386-binary-1.iso
         woody-src-1.jigdo  which generates debian-30r5-source-1.iso
and:     debian-update-3.0r5-i386-1.jigdo   which generates debian-update-3.0r5-i386-1.iso
         debian-update-3.0r5-source-1.jigdo which generates debian-update-3.0r5-source-1.iso

So... you can see the two behaviours here, we have the same name but only a
extension change in the update cds and we have a completely different naming
in the normal jigdo cds.

As far as our testing cds go, we've been generating them using the
sarge-whatever.extension naming scheme, for all kind of images, jigdos,
isos, ... but to be consisten with what we used to have around, I think we
should go back to the old naming scheme, so, for sarge we could build things
like:

debian-31r0-$ARCH-binary-$N.jigdo	debian-31r0-$ARCH-binary-$N.iso
debian-31r0-source-$N.jigdo		debian-31r0-source-$N.iso

And the testing images would be renamed to:
debian-testing-$ARCH-binary-$N.jigdo	debian-testing-$ARCH-binary-$N.iso
debian-testing-source-$N.jigdo		debian-testing-source-$N.iso

Well, that's a bit of the problem, continuing with that we are now producing
what we have till now named businesscard, and netinst, some people think
that these names are not most apropiate, well, I can agree with that, so,
now that we are talking about renaming things and before that gets to
stable... can somebody think about some better names?

I suppose that the "second names" (currently netinst and businesscard) should
be appended in the full names, or we could even just change the "binary" for
those "second names", giving debian-31r0-$ARCH-netinst.jigdo for example.
What does people think about this better to append?
giving debian-testing-$ARCH-binary-netinst.jigdo, or to substitute?
giving debian-31r0-$ARCH-netinst.jigdo.

I have removed the -$N as these will only have one cd, so no need to number
them.

While we are at this... what we currently have at testing is that all the
templates for the jigdos are put in a subdir, so that people can see the
.jigdo files better, and this are the files that people tends to download,
as the templates are autodownloaded by jigdo-lite, in the woody archives we
have templates and jigdos mixed in the same dir, I personally think that
having them separate gives clarity, what do others think?

Well, I believe that's all, this is a request for comments, so I hope to
hear a lot of them.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net